Sign up for our newsletter — Don't miss a thing!
Friday October 23 – 7:00pm
Oh hey, it's Friday! Membership Spotlight Day! One of the best days of the week! 🎉
Today we're getting to know our of our youngest members Tori, owner of Boysenberry Cape Breton. Not only does Boysenberry have some of the best coffee downtown, they also have the cutest clothes in their boutique, and recently have started offering handmade items from other local small businesses, and waffles. Yup, you heard that right. WAFFLES. ☕️👗
To get to know more about Tori and her business,(pictured third below), make sure to read the Q&A below!
1. What's your name and your business name?
Tori and Boysenberry Cape Breton
2. How long have you been in business?
Technically 16 months, but thanks to Covid, our storefront has only been opened for a total of 10 months.
3. What’s an interesting fact about your business that most people don’t know?
We just added waffles to our menu in the café!!
4. What are three words you’d use to describe your business?
Clean - Instagrammable - Unique
5. Besides your own business, what is your favorite spot downtown and why?
Oh gosh, not sure if I have a favorite. I love Timeless Moments - Your Gown Collection dresses and Instagram feed, I can't wait to someday buy my wedding dress there! But, the two businesses I visit the most are Selkie's Neighbourhood Diner & The Mermaid Food Truck and Fired Creations - The Pottery Painting Cafe!
6. Do you have motto that you live by?
“There will be plenty of time to sleep once you are dead.”
— Benjamin Franklin
7. What are your pastimes outside of work?
Right now the only thing I really have time for is working out at JONO Athletics
8. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Photography, which I'm actually currently taking a course at the Creatives Loft with Sherri & Jourdan!
9. Before owning your own business, what was the most interesting or unique job you’ve worked?
Well, working with the lovely Michelle Wilson at SDDA was always an adventure lol. Every day brought a different project, it kept me on my toes, and working with Michelle was hands down the best experience I could ever ask for.
10. Tea or coffee?
Tea ... See MoreSee Less
Our office is located at275 Charlotte Street - Suite 105
To reach us by phone, call