Sign up for our newsletter — Don't miss a thing!
Tuesday August 4 – 7:00pm
Hey everyone! We hope you enjoyed your Natal Day long weekend. We're back with another Member Spotlight and we're anchors aweigh with Get Nauti!
Located on the lovely Esplanade in Downtown Sydney, Get Nauti specializes in a variety of fantastic nautically-themed gifts, from t-shirts and wine glasses to buoys and anchor lamps, Get Nauti has the perfect bit of décor for the ocean lover in your life.
We had the opportunity to chat with Tonya Mofford, the owner and operator of Get Nauti, to get better acquainted with her! For more information on Tonya and her business, give her page a like on Facebook, or follow her on Instagram!
1. What's your name and your business name?
Tonya Mofford and my business is Get Nauti Gifts & Home Décor!
2. How long have you been in business for?
This will be my fourth season!
3. What’s an interesting fact about your business that most people don’t know?
I’m the only nautical-themed gift shop on Cape Breton island!
4. What are three words you’d use to describe your business?
Fun, unique, and inexpensive.
5. Besides your own business, what is your favourite spot downtown and why?
Governor’s! Why? Because they have the best food!
6. Do you have motto that you live by?
7. What are your pastimes outside of work?
The beach. I love it so much.
8. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
When I was younger, I took piano lessons for a short period of time. So, I’d love to learn to play the piano again!
9. Before owning your own business, what was the most interesting or unique job you’ve worked?
I was the GM (general manager) of a hotel property!
10. Tea or coffee?
Coffee. Hands down. ... See MoreSee Less
Tuesday August 4 – 4:48pm
Check out all of these locally made goodies at the CB Farmers' Market store! Open until 6pm today 😊Handmade soap, scarves, leather goods, painted rocks, local blueberry juice, art and crafts... it’s all at the CBFM Store downtown! Farmers' Markets of Nova Scotia Sydney Downtown Development Association Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce ... See MoreSee Less
Our office is located at275 Charlotte Street - Suite 105
To reach us by phone, call